Application process will be close on November 15th, 2017 at 11:59PM
Applicants will be notified 2 – 3 weeks following the application deadline.
Thank you for your interest in New Mexico’s 11th Southwest Burlesque Showcase. We are excited you would like to join us and look forward to reviewing your application. There are a few things you should consider while filling out this application.
- Acts submitted must be the performers own creation, or clearly list anyone who contributed to the creation of your act.
- Tribute acts to living performers must have proof that the act has been created with the guidance of the person receiving tribute. Applications with known falsehoods and acts that are not performers own work will be disqualified immediately.
- Completing and submitting an application does not guarantee the applicant a performance opportunity at the 10th Annual Southwest Burlesque Showcase.
- All accepted acts will be paid a stipend for their performance.
- Our shows take place at the historic KiMo theatre. The stage is 28′ deep x 38′ wide x 18′ high. Your act should sufficiently utilize this space.
- The theater has sufficient space for many kinds of aerial rigging (static loads only, no drops/falls).
- The theater does not allow fire or liquids of any kind on stage (this includes sparks and all open flames).
- The theater expressly prohibits the use of glitter and confetti of any sort. This includes the use of body glitter and any kind of heavy lotion containing glitter.
We believe in your artistic vision. SWBS has never imposed time limits on performances.
You may apply more than once, but please limit yourself to one act per application. Your application fee applies to one act.
Application Fee is $10